BSPS membership benefits
Here are some of the benefits of membership of the British Society for the Philosophy of Science
- Members receive details of the Society's programme of events, and are entitled to attend and vote at the Annual General Meeting.
- Members are entitled to apply for BSPS conference grants and to register to attend the Annual Conference.
- Members may subscribe to the British Journal for the Philosophy of Science at a significantly reduced rate. In fact the saving more than pays for the subscription to the Society itself (for details see How to Join, below).
- Members receive a 20% discount on Oxford University Press Philosophy titles, both front and backlist.
- Members of the BSPS are entitled to join the British Philosophical Association as associate members for £8 per year, as opposed to £15 for full membership.
- Discounted subscription rates for the journals Studies in History and Philosophy of Science, Studies in History and Philosophy of Biological & Biomedical Science and Studies in History and Philosophy of Modern Physics. Discounted rates for 2009 are as follows:
Studies in History and Philosophy of Biological & Biomedical Science - $43 / €39
Studies in History and Philosophy of Modern Physics - $43 / €39
Studies in History and Philosophy of Science - $43 / €39
To purchase a discounted subscription, contact your regional sales office http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/contact.cws_home/regional and cite your membership of the society
HOW TO JOIN
Membership services are kindly run on behalf of the Society by Oxford University Press. To see current membership fees and journal subscription rates for the BJPS, and to join and/or subscribe please click here.
For non-students, to become a member of the Society and subscribe at the same time to the Journal (at the discounted rate), look under the heading “Members –British Society for the Philosophy of Science” and click “Add to basket” on the “Membership - Print” line, alternatively, download, complete and send off a pdf form from that line.
Philosophy of Science Events
Philosophy on the Web
- British Logic Colloquium
- Centre for Philosophy of Natural and Social Science
- Division of Logic, Methodology & Philosophy of Science (DLMPS) of the International Union of History & Philosophy of Science (IUHPS)
More related websites