In 2004, the Society awarded the President’s Prize for a textbook in Philosophy of Science to Stathis Psillos.
Stathis Psillos, Causation and Explanation (Acumen)
The following books were short-listed runners up:
- Marc Lange, An Introduction to the Philosophy of Physics: Locality, Fields, Energy and Mass (Blackwell)
- Donald Gillies, Philosophical Theories of Probability (Routledge)
- Ian Hacking, An Introduction to Probability and Inductive Logic (Cambridge University Press)
- J.B.Kennedy, Space, Time and Einstein (Acumen)
- James Ladyman, Understanding Philosophy of Science (Routledge)